KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme: Research Officer
The post holder will report to Study PI
- Assembly of community based malariometric data and health facility malaria case data for malaria endemic countries in Africa and Arabian peninsula into standard formats including geo-locating point data and archiving digital data sources
- Maintain a GIS digital archive of environmental and administrative boundary data as a sever-based shared library; including downloading remotely sensed data or other raster based data
- Scanning and digitizing map data
- Matching of primary malaria data to environmental/ecological covariate data
- Initiate and maintain country-specific searches on malaria history and intervention coverage and adapt GIS displays to show intervention coverage changes with time
- Participate in organizing geo-survey work, as part of wider MPHEG activities, including training of field staff and producing survey maps or geographic display of data
- Statistical descriptive analysis of data in STATA.
- Document details of data analysis and model specification for manuscript development and participate in drafting of relevant manuscripts as part of author group.
- Participate and present at programme seminars and journal club
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
Qualification and experience
1. Masters in Geomatics, Geographical Information Systems, Geospatial Engineering, Geospatial Modelling or equivalent
2. Minimum of two years experience in GIS
3. Familiar with statistical software STATA and Microsoft packages
4. Skills in Bayesian geostatistics, and/or infectious disease epidemiology, remote sensing, programming in R or Python will be regarded as an advantage.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. The application closing date is 31st August 2011. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.