KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme: Field Worker
Reports to the Senior Field worker and Mbagathi site clinician.
· Assisting with staff coverage including weekends and holidays, for both ward and field-related work.
· Ensure smooth running of work within the clinical areas ie ward and clinic, also field work.
· Ensure availability of all study required consumables in sufficient quantity and quality (within expiry dates).
· Conduct regular stock check and ensuring safe custody study valuables
· Undertake screening, consenting and enrolment of patients in the study.
· Ensure all enrolled patients are scheduled for study visits.
· Complete appropriate study documentation and filing for ongoing tasks.
· Coordinate between hospital and community Fieldworkers for timely field follow up of participants who failed to attend clinic
· Plot households by GPS and trace participants who default
· Undertake communication concerning trial activities within the community.
· Computer data cleaning & updating
· Ensure maintenance of good quality data collection to GCP standards
· Assist with on-job training to new staff on study related activities.
· Attending to immediate concerns of study patients
· Ensuring a safe working environment – safety precautions.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
Have grade C plain or above on the KCSE
Must have either:
a) Experience in working in clinical research or clinical trials
b) Experience of working in the community living around Mbagathi District Hospital on surveys or interviews; NGO activities related to health, sanitation or nutrition; or community development.
Post holder will have:
1. Training and induction into CTX study protocol and procedures
2. Open Clinical data entry (training will be given)
3. GCP (Training will be given)
4. Phlebotomy skills (Training will be given).
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Visit www.kemri-wellcome.org . Register and log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. The application closing date is 01st September 2011. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Those with a Diploma or a Degree don’t need to apply.