KEMRI Research Officer – Medical Statistics Job in Nairobi
KEMRI Research Officer – Medical Statistics Job in Nairobi Kenya (KShs 144K)
The post holder will report the study Principal Investigator.
- Assembly of community based malariometric data for several African countries
- Checking, cleaning and preparing the data for analysis
- Developing Bayesian spatial-temporal models for modelling binomial and count data
- Participate in drafting of research reports and manuscripts for publication
- Participate and present at programme seminars and journal club and to organizations in research and control of malaria.
- Masters in Medical Statistics, Applied Statistics, Statistics or Applied Mathematics or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Statistical Analysis
- Proficiency in programming languages especially R
- Knowledge of the statistical software STATA or SPSS etc and Microsoft package
- Skills in Geographical Information Systems, Spatial Analysis, Bayesian geostatistics, and/or infectious disease epidemiology.
- Good analytical and follow through ability
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
All applicants are required to attach their updated CVs, Cover letter and state their current/last gross salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. The application closing date is 13th September 2013.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).