KEMRI / KARI Research Project Study Coordinator Job in Kenya (Urgent)
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 14, 2014
Urgently Required: Study Coordinator for a KEMRI / KARI Research Project
A qualified, interested and available person is required for the above-mentioned project to work as a project coordinator.
The study is to explore the potential benefits of Goat Milk as a suitable and safe supplemental food for infants in Kenya.
The study coordinator will be required to perform the following duties:
1. Ensure smooth flow of all field processes including:
- Data a collection, data verification
- Data entry, data cleaning
- Field finances , financial reporting
2. He /she will be involved in supervision of other study staff.
3. He/she will be in charge of reporting any protocol deviations or violations
4. He /she will be in charge of preparing study reports including
- Financial reports and
- Quarterly study reports
5. The job will require home visits with nutrition counseling and brief physical examination of babies. He /she will be responsible for immediate reporting of any SAE to the Principle Investigator
6. And any other duties as assigned by the study Principle Investigator.
The incumbent should have the following:
- At least a certificate in nursing or nutrition or a diploma in clinical medicine.
- Must be willing to stay and work in Embu for a period of at least eight months
- Should be available to start work immediately
- Must be fluent in Embu, Kiswahili and English
- Must be computer literate
- Desirable attributes include some experience in clinical areas and or some experience in research or program
Those who qualify should apply by 10th January 2014 attaching the following:
- Application letter dully signed
- Educational transcripts
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Contacts of at least two referee
Applications to be sent as soft copies to the following email addresses:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.