KEMRI Jobs Kenya – ICT and Audit
Posted: Jun 22, 2013
Information Communication Technology officer II
The primary role of this position is to provide support in data management, technical support and software development in the ICT Department at KEMRI.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, developing and configuring databases,
- Supporting Local Area Network/Wide Area Network,
- Carrying out Network and Systems Administration,
- Installing and configuring servers,
- Hardware/Application software support,
- Maintaining Inventory of hardware and software,
- Developing, testing and implementing Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP),
- End user training on specialized hardware and software,
- Developing and maintaining software programs,
- Designing and developing websites, Intranet/Extranet applications,
- Technical writing/documentation of the network and inventory,
- Preparing monthly report for performance management.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University,
- Certification in MCSE, MCDA, CCNA and ICDL,
- Must possess a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade B- (Minus) with at least a C+ (Plus) in Mathematics, English and Kiswahili or its approved equivalent,
- Diploma in Forensic Accounting will be an added advantage,
- Ability to work with minimum supervision,
- Good organizational and planning skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Excellent communication,
- Strong analytical skills,
- At least five (2) years experience in ICT End User Support, LAN/WAN networks with more than 300 users,
- Multi-skills training and experience necessary (Hardware, Networking, Databases, Project management).
Senior Internal Auditor
Manage on a day to day basis the planning, performance and report delivery of allocated internal controls assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake execution of specific audit assignments as dictated by the approved audit plan,
- Identify and discuss all control weakness and recommendations with management,
- Identify and promote good business practice within the organization,
- Monitor the implementation and operation of defined controls and recommendations on an ongoing basis,
- Ensure that execution of audit assignments is within defined timeliness.
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant degree from a recognized University,
- Fully qualified accountant (CPAK), ACCA or other internationally recognized professional accounting qualifications),
- Qualified CIA, CISA or working towards attaining the qualification,
- IT knowledge an understanding of the working of the various systems and use of computer aided auditing techniques,
- At least three (2) years internal audit experience from a reputable organization with strong internal control structure or audit firm,
- Knowledge of accounting packages especially Pastel or ERP,
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills,
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Be a person of integrity with high morals and ethical values.
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosing a detailed CV, copies of certified certificates, professional qualifications, email address, a day time telephone contact and the details and contact information for three referees to the following address, not later than 5th July, 2013 to, The Director, Kenya Medical Research Institute, P.O. Box 54840-00200, NAIROBI, Attn: Head of Human Resources or email address [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.