KCB Strategic Buyer Job in Kenya
The Position: Reporting to Procurement Manager, the Strategic Buyer will be responsible for sourcing suppliers of goods and services for an assigned Category / Portfolio which entails market research, analysis, price negotiation, basic preparation of contract terms and conditions.
- Implement the annual Category Strategy and Plan as assigned; Timing and Sourcing Methods
- Relationship Management and engagement of Stakeholders for category as assigned: Branch Managers, Heads of Department, Senior Managers, Suppliers, Contractors, and Consultants.
- Implement standards, controls, processes or regulatory determined procedures for CATEGORY as assigned.
- Implement Cost Management Programs/Initiatives for category as assigned during the business cycle.
- Implement the Supplier Contract Calendar for category as assigned; Review expiries, inclusions, retirements, cancellations.
- Review Suppliers Performance for category as assigned; data collation and analysis for Service Level Agreements, participate in review meetings.
- Responsible for pricing data integrity, contract records and supplier records.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Related/Social Sciences
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent.
- Master degree in a Business Related field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in procurement, 2 of which must be in Procurement Strategy Management (development & implementation).
- 1 year Commercial Experience (negotiation, market analysis & knowledge)
- 1 year experience in Supplier Management
- 1 year experience in Logistics
- Project Management Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Be a team player
To be considered your application must be received by 27th January 2014
To be considered your application must be received by Jan. 27, 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Ref: PROC 01/2014