KCB Health and Safety Manager Job in Kenya
Reporting to the Head, Employee Relations, the job holder will be responsible for developing and maintaining high standards of health and safety in the workplace in order to optimize long term staff productivity to support business growth and ensure regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities of Health and Safety Manager
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, implement and maintain the Health and Safety management framework based on best practices to meet on-going and future business requirements;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to develop and maintain high standards of health and safety in terms of the work environment for all employees and customers;
- Develop and steward annual Safety, Health and Wellness programs which are consistent with company policy and ensure regulatory compliance;
- Coordinate the setting up and maintaining Health and Safety Committees within the Bank in all branches/units and monitor meetings held by the Committees.
- Formulate, develop and implement Health & Safety Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Organization;
- Develop a companywide health & safety incident log database and publish trend analysis for all reported incidents;
- Coordinate investigation and reporting to the Occupational Safety Health Officer incidents/accidents/work related injuries/dangerous occurrences and Occupational diseases in line with the Occupational Safety & Health (2007) Act;
- To lead and co-ordinate requisite inspections and assessments (annual safety and health audits, fire safety audits, risk assessments etc) and risk reduction mitigations as required.
- Collate and coordinate implementation of health and safety issues raised by health and safety committees, health and safety auditor, and fire safety auditor.
- In liaison with Human Resource Division and Management, identify and steward Health & Safety Trainings for all employees;
- Disseminate workplace health and safety information and instruction to all employees and other persons.
- Liaise with Head of Security to ensure that all employees are given instructions in the safe use of firefighting appliances and that firefighting teams are established in every workplace.
- Ensure that evacuation procedures to be used during emergency are in place and that they are being tested at regular intervals.
- Manage health talks/member education/training on HIV/AIDS
- Develop and implement a comprehensive contractor safety management process;
- Develop and implement effective work control procedures to be utilized consistently by all employees and contractors;
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies;
- Must be in possession of a Science based Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. An additional degree in Occupational Safety & Health will be an added advantage;
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Operations, Environment and Health and Safety Management; two of which should be in Safety Audits and Quality Management systems
- At least two years operational experience in implementing Health & Safety Management Systems in a large and busy organization will be a distinct advantage;
- Thorough knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health (2007) Act, Environment Management and Coordination Act, Water regulations, Air Quality regulations and other Health & Safety related regulatory requirements;
- Good understanding of Risk Assessment and Hazard analysis process;
- Good understanding of incident investigation process;
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to influence and make decisions;
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To be considered your application must be received by March 7, 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Ref: HR 02/2014