KCB Head of Projects Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Head of Projects
Job Ref: CFO 01/2014
Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer, the Head of Projects will be responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects across the Group.
The role will ensure consistency with Group strategy, commitments and goals.
- Develop and implement effective strategy to ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and implemented.
- Provide the Group with project management expertise to ensure the successful delivery of large and/or complex projects.
- Define the project scope, goals, deliverables and resource requirements.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet the set objectives.
- Provide direction, pace and support to project teams.
- Monitor and report on progress on project implementation against set milestones to all key stakeholders.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to ensure achievement of set targets.
- Identification of project dependencies and risks and ensuring mitigation of the risks.
- Interface strategically with key stakeholders to understand their needs and implement all key projects.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Identification and development of appropriate staff to meet the project delivery requirements.
Position Qualifications / Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in a business/engineering or any other related field.
- Project Management professional qualifications in PRINCE2 or similar qualifications.
- An MBA/business related Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 8 years’ senior level experience covering both business and operations leadership with solid experience in project management.
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills with the proven ability to manage large projects.
- Strong management skills with the ability to influence others
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage teams; identify and secure needed resources; escalate conflicting priorities; influence team members and business leaders to successfully execute
- Ability to negotiate agreements and/or reach consensus with all levels and positions within the organization
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing customer focus.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, coach and supervise team members effectively to deliver on business targets.
The above position is demanding for which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to; [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received by Jan. 31, 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.