KCB Bancassurance Manager Job in Kenya
The role holder will be responsible for insurance business growth and development to generate revenues to support the Bancassurance growth strategy and will be reporting to the Relationship Manager – Bancassurance.
Candidate’s Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in a business related course
- Progress towards attainment of Professional Qualification CII or IIK Diploma
- At least 4 years’ relevant working experience in a Marketing environment in the insurance industry preferably within an insurance intermediary or large insurance company
- Proven direct sales track record within banking, MFI, Insurance and related industries will be an added advantage
- Offer oversight of day to day Insurance operations in the branch level which entails cross-selling insurance products, consumer awareness/ customers’ sensitization initiatives, processing insurance transactions within defined terms and conditions, supporting clients with claims advise and documentation
- Work closely with the branch management team to ensure the branch meets the set targets on insurance business
- Supervise Bancassurance team in their branch and ensure that insurance business is carried out in accordance with the laid down policies & procedures
- Provide advisory services to credit department/ branch on relevant insurance policies for businesses/ clients accessing credit facilities from the branch.
- Work closely with Branch Manager and Credit team and design strategies to leverage the existing clientele and expand the wallet share by selling insurance products hence deepening relationships and driving revenue growth
- Identify and leverage potential business opportunities and marketing initiatives at the branch/region and seek necessary support from the Regional or Marketing Heads to actualize these into revenues
- Ensuring premium is collected as per the laid down procedures on all claims being reported to the claims department
- Provide technical guidance and claims management support to clients and Branches
- Ensure timely submission of claim documents and other requisite documents to Claims department
- Ensure clients whose claims are being processed are kept abreast on progress of their claims
- Participate in regional meetings and offer valuable ideas contributing towards the growth of business
- A good team player with strong interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Good planning and organization skills with the ability to deliver effectively under strict deadlines
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software applications
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Co-operative, assertive and able to work independently and offer effective solutions
- Ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners
- Good knowledge of general insurance products and working knowledge of life insurance
- Excellent data management skills
- Responsible, reliable, has leadership skills and business acumen to sport opportunities readily
- A creative, proactive, passionate and innovative individual with a passion for excellent results
- Results oriented and self-driven with a proven performance track record
To be considered your application must be received by Feb. 28, 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Ref: CBOK 03/2014