Karen Roses Kenya – Dairy Job Vacancy
Persons reporting to job holder: Dairy Personnel and feed production supervisor
Job Objective: Karen Roses Kenya
- Improved health of the herd
- Average daily yield be responsible for the short and long terms business plans approved by the Board and will be expected to drive the of at least 20l/cow
- Production of annual dairy meal for a 20 head herd.
Feed & Production Management
- Plan and allocate feed using feed budgeting techniques to achieve production targets
- Source required supplements and grazing to achieve production targets
- Develop and implement an annual nutrient management plan, cropping and regressing programmes
- Manage weeds and pests to maintain pasture and crops
- Work with the consultant and contractors on building the planned dairy in the most cost effective and timely manner
- Ensure all aspects of the milking process, including plant hygiene and somatic cell count.
- Develop, review and maintain animal health programme to maintain good animal health
- Develop and manage the mating programme to ensure mating targets are reached
- Manage calving and the calf rearing programme to achieve minimal losses and ensure high quality replacements are available for the herd
- Ensure all herd records are maintained
- Work with the dairy consultant to develop a 5 year business plan and annual budget
- Monitor expenditure and ensure in line with budget
- Liaise with local contractors e.g vet, agrovet, etc to ensure smooth operation of the farm
- Follow company procedure on repairs of farm machinery
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Management from time to time.
- Diploma/degree in dairy science and technology
- 2-3 years’ experience in dairy management
- Excellent managerial skills
- Strong analytical skills
Karen Roses Kenya