Kaputir Resource Management Association (KARMA-Turkana) Irrigation Schemes Invitation for Bids
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
KARMA works in consultation with CEZAM and associates in implementing Turkana Food security Programme, The project area has several existing furrow irrigation schemes developed by the local community and other development partners.
KARMA/IFB/KEN/2878/Kapelibok: Kapelibok Irrigation scheme is on the west bank of river Turkwel, Nakwamoru sub location, Kaputir Location. It can be reached through Kainuk Lorokon road, Lodwar-Kotaruk-Lorokon road. The farm as a total acreage of 1500 acres. Centre pivot irrigation shall cover between 84 and 125 acres.
The details of the scope of works for each of the three irrigation schemes will involve the following:
- Design the most suitable structure that shall be commercially viable, with low maintenance costs and minimal expert supervision;
- Supply equipment, install and commission a maximum 6 span centre pivot irrigation systems( Naoyaregae and Kapelibok) and at least one for Naoyatiira
- Supply, lay and test all mainline and in-field irrigation equipment;
- Supply and install all related electrical equipment and works, and undertake related commissioning and testing requirements;
- Undertake all necessary civil works including pump house and suction mains;
- Train personnel and block leaders to operate, troubleshoot on basic maintenance and run the irrigation systems;
- Bush clearing and creation of access roads in the respective farms;
- Creation of water diverts or cut-off drains to control surface run-off and soil erosion at some sections of the farm.
- Original letter of submitting the IFB
- A copy of registration certificate with the National Construction Authority (NCA) from class NCA 6 and above;
- A copy of valid Tax Compliance certificate
- VAT number (copy)
- The IFBs for each of the irrigation schemes quoted should be clearly separated as
- technical and
- financial proposal
- Demonstrated experience on installation of centre pivots under similar acreage with proof of between 15 to 20 installations; within the last five years minimum. Provide details of clients who may be contacted for further information to give specified experience and attach completion certificates;
- Copies of audited accounts for the last three years (attach report of audited accounts for 2010, 2011 and 2012);
- Experience of competent and qualified personnel for specific type of works of a similar nature, magnitude and complexity (attach copies of CVs and certificates of the staff who will be employed if the tender is successful);
- Details of contractors equipment and plants or proposals for the timely acquisition (own, lease, hire, etc.) of the essential equipment that will be used during construction works;
- Demonstration of availability of adequate funding for supply and construction( provide a bid security of 2% of the quoted sum in form of bank guarantee)
- Acceptance to receive payments in tranches. No more than 30% of the total value of the service agreement will be released upon signing of a service agreement. Subsequent payments will be based on completion of deliverables, and negotiated at the time of signing of service agreement. A final payment with 10% of the contractor’s total will be withheld for a liability period of six months.