Juba Tours & Travel Business Development Manager Job Kenya
Juba Tours & Travel Business Development Manager Job Re-advertisement
Salary: USD 700 + Incentives
The job purpose for the job: is to be responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives, evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data and implement marketing plans as needed, and oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional, marketing growth and expansion activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the sales & marketing function
- Fully implement Client Relationship Management
- Assist in regional expansion
- Develop fully integrated marketing plans
- Developing new markets and products
- Business and market planning
- Training of sales & marketing staff
- Overseeing project implementation to customer satisfaction,
- Market research, reporting and strategy formulation
- Develop an internal framework for marketing the Company and its products
- Achieve individual & team sales targets
- You will be required to increase sales and retain customers.
- Identify and influence key decision makers
- Prepare quotations for new markets and products and negotiate offers with clients
- Give sales presentations to the clients
- Monitoring competitor products offerings with a view to ensuring the Company’s products have a competitive edge
- Liaise with operations team to jointly improve after sales service
- Prepare regular reports on client activities, projects, etc.
- Conduct one-on-one review with your sales force to improve individual’s sales and activity performance.
- Co-ordinate sales activities with the MD
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Visit franchised dealers/agents to stimulate interest in expansion of sales in Company products.
- Develop and implement schemes aimed at building customer loyalty
- Identify growing market, emerging market, untapped market etc and develop ways of tapping into the target segment market
- Generate and coordinate persuasive communication content for the customers
- Ensure that the company’s sales & marketing activities are properly planned and organized, and that the company has the human, financial and material resources to implement planned activities
- Develop plans in relation to advertising, sales promotion, public relations, personal selling and sales management
- Oversee the planning, implementation, evaluation of the organization’s sales & marketing programs and services
- Ensure that the sales & marketing programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Board
- To provide oversight on the sales & marketing activities of all departments and branches and to ensure that departmental and branch activities are mutually supportive and consistent with the objectives of the company
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the sales & marketing programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special sales & marketing projects
- Develop creative concepts for branding
- Monitor brand performance with key marketing measures
- Ensure that the growth plans are implemented with success and that the set targets are met
- Assess marketing potential of new and existing Company locations, considering statistics and expenditures, in line with Company’s growth and expansion strategy, and implement the agreed upon expansion plans
- Maintain and direct the products’ image in the market, decide which new products meet market trends and those that need to be phased out
- Work with the sales & marketing team and the MD to prepare and control a comprehensive sales & marketing budget
- Approve budget expenditures within the authority delegated by the MD
- Determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Determine and implement staffing requirements for sales & marketing department and develop job descriptions for the staff
- Recruit, interview and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities for the department
- Implement the Company’s performance management process for all staff in the department which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting quarterly and annual performance reviews
- Coach, mentor and develop staff within the department as appropriate to improve performance
- Business or marketing-related degree;
- MBA Marketing major will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years progressive working experience in sales & marketing
- Working knowledge of the tours, travel and hotel industries
- Experience in developing and maintaining business growth
- Market research
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience in product launches and branding
- Customer care skills
- Ability to communicate well with people of all levels
- Added advantage to those experienced in sales & marketing and business development in the Travel Industry
- Team leadership and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Great interpersonal skills
- Must be self driven and able to meet deadlines
- High level of professionalism, enthusiasm, and a “can do” attitude
- Result oriented
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Persuasiveness, innovation and judgment
- Take responsibility for the direction, control and planning of an activity
- Works with minimal supervision and stress tolerant
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and co-operation
- Maintain effective communication with your colleagues, both junior and senior
If you meet the above requirements send your CV only, to [email protected], indicating the title (Business Development Manager – Juba USD 700+ Incentives) on the subject line before the 1st of September 2013. We do not charge for interviews.
Please note your current salary on your application.