January 2012 Jobs: Supply Chain Manager
We are a Construction and Engineering company based in Kenya with growing operations in South Sudan and Rwanda. We have interests in the Construction, Real Estate Development and Telecommunication sectors.
Our vision is to set new benchmarks in the industry through commitment to integrity and excellence. We are looking to fill the position of a Supply Chain Manager who will be reporting to the Group Head of Finance.
The incumbent will undertake full responsibility for leading the Supply Chain Department and will be in-charge of all procurement and logistics functions of the company. In order to be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate experience in managing and developing key supplier relationships, have hands-on experience in procurement and logistics, be able to formulate and implement procurement procedures, develop and manage strategies and have strong team leadership capabilities.
Qualifications & Requirements
· A Bachelors Degree in a business or other relevant course.
· A Masters Degree is an added advantage
· A Post graduate course in Procurement/Supplies and Logistics.
· Diploma in Project Management will be an added advantage
* MS Office proficiency especially in working with ERP’s preferably Pastel Evolution
· Minimum age of 30 years
· Candidate must have a minimum post-graduate experience of 7 years preferably in the FMCG, manufacturing or construction industry.
* Must be registered with CIPS, KISM or a similar body
· Experience in international procurement is an added advantage
* Candidate must have held a managerial position and is able to lead a team.
· Experience of managing suppliers and service providers in different fields
* Must have experience in setting up and implementing policies and procedures
· Excellent communications skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Excellent planning skills
· The candidate must be able to make decisions independently
· Ability to deliver under pressure and under minimum supervision
· High integrity and strong ethical values
We are offering an attractive remuneration and an opportunity for challenging career growth.
Apply via email to [email protected] to the attention of The Group Human Resource Manager, stating your current and expected remuneration by 31st December 2011. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.