Jahwar Amber Fund – Creative Writer Job in Kenya
We are a green think tank, a local policy network, and are active in ecology, spiritual democracy and human rights in East Africa with 3 offices across Kenya.
Our Regional Office for Rift Valley and Western Kenya is based in Isinya, District of Kajiado County since 2012.
Jahwar Amber Fund Inc. has 501(c) 3 tax-exempt status in Canada and is registered as a community based organization (CBO) in Kenya. The Canada office helps with fundraising.
Balozi Journal Program
Balozi also provides rapid, authoritative, insightful and arresting news and interpretation of topical and coming trends affecting religion, religious freedom and the wider public.
Balozi Journal is published by the Jahwar Amber Fund, a registered not-for-profit organization in Kenya, committed to the freedom of expression, science and discovery in all areas of human endeavor.
It works mostly with Artists and Creative Economists in accomplishing its strategic visions. Balozi Journal is First, to serve artists through prompt publication of significant advances in any branch of Art, and to provide a forum for the reporting and discussion of news and issues concerning Art and Culture.
Second, to ensure that the creations of Art are rapidly disseminated to the public throughout the world, in a fashion that conveys their significance for knowledge, culture and daily life.
Volunteering Creative Writer
- Conducts research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, utilizing sources such as newspaper accounts, diaries, and interviews.
- Reviews, submits for approval, and revises written material to meet personal standards and satisfy needs of client, publisher, director, or producer.
- Selects subject or theme for writing project based on personal interest and writing specialty, or assignment from publisher, client, producer, or director.
- Develops factors, such as theme, plot, characterization, psychological analysis, historical environment, action, and dialogue, to create material.
- Writes humorous material for publication or performance, such as comedy routines, gags, comedy shows, or scripts for entertainers.
- Writes fiction or nonfiction prose work, such as short story, novel, biography, article, descriptive or critical analysis, or essay.
- Writes play or script for moving pictures or television, based on original ideas or adapted from fictional, historical, or narrative sources.
- Organizes material for project, plans arrangement or outline, and writes synopsis.
- Collaborates with other writers on specific projects.
- Confers with client, publisher, or producer to discuss development changes or revisions.
- Any University degree or diploma
- Excellent English
- Knowledge of the different referencing styles i.e. APA, MLA, Chicago-turabian and Harvard referencing styles
- The ability to stick to strict deadlines and work under no supervision.
- Writing experience of more that 6 months
- Internet and computer access at home
- Clear understanding of the term PLAGIARISM
- The writer will be given exclusive access to account and take order besides working at his/her own peace, pace and pleasure.