Jacaranda Health Data Entry Clerk Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 18, 2013
Vacancy: Data Entry Clerk
Jacaranda Health is a social venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
We have launched one clinic in Nairobi this year, and plan to expand to other locations in the region.
Jacaranda Health Ltd is looking for an intelligent, proactive, and flexible individual with data entry experience with great attention to detail to fill the position of a Data Entry Clerk.
This individual will be responsible for entering data from medical record paper forms into an electronic system.
This position is initially on a three (3) months fixed term contract basis.
This can transform to a full time role, upon establishing performance and fit with the organization.
- Perform accurate daily transcription of data primarily from paper medical records into an electronic system
- Audit the quality of the data entry
- Maintain processes of tracking daily data entry using Excel spreadsheets and electronic tools
- Perform additional data entry tasks (of patient satisfaction surveys, other) into our electronic system
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Manager
- Attend to other administrative duties as assigned
- At least a Diploma from a recognized academic institution
- Minimum C+ in KCSE or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in a demanding professional environment desired particularly in data entry preferably in a medical setting (knowledge of basic medical terminology highly desirable)
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute highly desirable
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use (Microsoft Suite especially MS Excel and Google products and e mail) – A practical exam will be conducted to test this during the interview.
- Strong written and oral communicator with good attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starter and team-oriented; able to multi-task effectively and manage competing priorities in a typical start-up environment
- Dependable and upholding highest level of honesty and confidentiality
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
Interested candidates may apply by:
1. Completing the online form available by clicking here: Data Entry Clerk Application Form – December 2013 or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/EiJ98y
2. Submitting the current resume’ and cover letter to [email protected]
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered.
No calls please.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will be unable to confirm all submissions.
Submission will be received by January 10, 2013, but preference will be given to applications submitted by December 18, 2013.