IRDO Research Assistants Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 12, 2014
Impact Research and Development Organization (IRDO) is a national NGO based in Kisumu and funded by FHI360, among others.
Its principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research and intervention programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the following positions for a short study we are planning to conduct in 10 districts in Kenya.
Male Research Assistants (2 Positions; native speakers of Giriama & Taita)
Job summary: Administer consent, conduct qualitative interviews (Focus Group Discussions and In-Depth Interviews) and perform transcriptions.
Duration: 4 weeks, starting January 2014
- Must have at least a Diploma in any of the Social Science disciplines. A degree in Social Science or related discipline is an added advantage.
- Must have experience in moderating Focus Group Discussions and conducting In-Depth Interviews in at least two studies or in one study over a period of at least 2 years.
- 2 years working experience in HIV prevention intervention or research is an advantage.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written native language, Kiswahili and English.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with respective study Districts.
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of two professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 12th January, 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please email your applications to [email protected]