IRDO Kenya – Assistant Procurement Officer
Category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 12, 2013
Assistant Procurement Officer at Impact Research and Development Organization (IRDO)
Impact Research and Development Organization is a registered Kenyan Non-Governmental Organization with a main office in Kisumu and regional offices in Bondo, Nyando, Rongo, Migori, Nyatike,Ndhiwa, Homa Bay, Suba, Pokot North,Eldoret, Samia, Butula Bunyala, Teso North and Teso South Districts.
IRDO’s principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research and intervention programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the following position.
Assistant Procurement Officer
The job holder will assist develop and implement procurement strategy, co-ordinate purchasing practices and maximize benefits from purchasing activities.Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the stores officer on stock levels in order to determine re-order levels for the next purchase
- Ensure maintenance of files on quotations and other procurement documents for future references and support to payments
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports
- Coordinate the opening, evaluation and recommendation of quotations to tender committee in line with procurement regulations.
- Update the inventory listing of property and conduct inventory reconciliations
- Assist in preparation for both internal and external audits of the department
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies
- University degree in any business related field will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of KISM or CIPS
- Minimum two years experience in a busy procurement environment
- Must be computer literate and have integrity
- Ability to multi –task and pay attention to detail
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephonenumbers of two professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 14th June 2013.