IRC Senior Human Resources Co-ordinator Job in Nairobi, Kenya
IRC Program in Kenya
The International Rescue committee has been active in Kenya since 1992, providing essential services to refugees and the communities who host them. Today, IRC supports tens of thousands of refugees in the Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps.
IRC also runs programming throughout Greater Turkana and in Nairobi. IRC’s programs include health, nutrition, water and sanitation, HIV, livelihoods, prevention and support to survivors of gender based violence.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to Country Director for Kenya, and as a member of the Senior Management Team, the Senior HRC is overall responsible for the HR function, ensures effective and transparent human resources management and quality services to employees quality administrative support function throughout the Kenya program.
- HR strategy and objectives: linking HR key objectives and priorities to country strategic objectives; coordinating HR practices and priorities across the country program in order to provide and reinforce the recruitment and ongoing development of a competent and efficient workforce.
- HR support to senior management: advising senior management regarding legal and staff management issues; participating in discussions about structure and organizational development and change; supporting recruitment of senior positions;
- HR planning and monitoring: reinforcing HR reporting and planning; developing HR key performance indicators in order to develop an informed and accountable HR management
- Compliance: reviewing and ensuring compliance to HR policies and procedures; coordinating the development of policies, handbooks and supporting their implementation and dissemination;
- Training & Outreach: Leads and develops the IRC Kenya Human Resources efforts by ensuring staff understand and apply HR best practices and IRC policy, and engaging staff to foster and implement a creative and productive workplace that actively promotes learning and staff development.
- Staff Management: building HR management capacities to ensure qualified and trained Human Resources staff across IRC Kenya as well as efficient and performing HR department delivering timely and accurate services; managing Human Resources staff (?) in Nairobi;
- Technical Management & Systems: Efficient & effective human resource and administrative management systems that support the design and implementation of quality programming without compromising compliance.
- Compensation & Benefits: ensuring an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package is maintained; developing specific program to attract and retain high performing senior national managers;
- Staff development: with the guidance of Human Resources at Headquarters, oversee the implementation of the staff development policy, programs and tools and link with orientation and performance management plan;
- HR tools and practices: ensuring standardization and use of best practices across IRC Kenya management teams; coordinating the use of salary software and Global HRIS in Kenya.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 5 as the head of the HR function. Master’s degree in related field is desirable.
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 300+ employees in multiple locations within the region or global environment required.
- Strong managerial skills and ability to motivate and inspire team to achieve superior standard in all aspects of human resource management.
- Previous overseas experience in conflict and/or post conflict environments, with the UN and/or NGOs preferred;
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and computerized payroll systems;
- Resilience, record of performance in high-pressure work environments and ability to problem solve without immediate supervision.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Must demonstrate flexibility, and ability to readily adapt to changing requirements and environments;
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
- Excellent English oral and written skills a must.
Apply for this position