IRC HIV/TB Program Manager Job in Kenya
Under the guidance and supervision of Health Team Leader and in collaboration with the sector managers of the integrated health team, the HIV/AIDS Manager shall be responsible for the overall implementation of all HIV and TB related services offered in Hagadera Refugee Camp.
- Coordinate all activities under HIV and TB prevention, care, treatment and support program as per UNHCR, CDC and MOH guidance.
- Ensure QA and QC activities are conducted as per National guidelines in all HIV and TB program areas.
- Ensure timely ordering of program commodities, distribution to the sites, regular monitoring to avoid stock outs and ensure proper storage.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained and upheld by program staff.
- Ensure accurate HIV and TB activities records are maintained and kept, relevant reports generated and submitted as required.
- Work with other health program to ensure integration of HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment activities into other sectors.
- Organize and attend regular program staff and community leaders meetings
- Liaise with other implementing agencies including NASCOP and MoH to ensure a multi-sectoral approach to HIV and TB.
- Maintain updated libraries of manuals and other resources for HIV and TB in the health program.
- Represent the HIV and TB program in grants meetings (grants opening, budget review and grants closure meetings).
- Participate in proposal development and donor reports writing.
- Prepare spending, procurement and staffing plans for the HIV and TB program.
- Ensure diligence in grants utilization
- Keep the Health Team Leader and RH/HIV Coordinator informed of all developments and issues through regular situation reports.
- Ensure timely submission of accurate HIV and TB progress reports as required by donors.
- Provide technical and /or administrative supervision HIV & TB national and incentive staff.
- Identify staffing/capacity gaps and recommend to the Health team leader for action.
- Provide mentorship to field based program staff.
- Liaise with other implementing partners in providing holistic services for the target population through referral and linkage.
- Participate in the HIV stakeholders meeting.
- Bachelors’ degree or diploma in Public Health, Community health or other social sciences.
- At least three years experience in overall HIV and TB programming including evidence based interventions targeting the youth and programs targeting key population especially female sex workers.
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Good interpersonal relations
- Culturally sensitive and able to work in a challenging environment under minimal or no supervision.