IRC Anesthetist Job in Kakuma, Kenya
Working under the guidance and supervision of the M.O I/C of KMH, the anesthetist will be directly responsible for;
- Provide safe anesthetic services to patients both from the local community and those referred from the IRC main hospital for surgery.
- Maintain updated anesthetic records of all referral cases from the IRC camp hospital and submit required reports on the same.
- Participate in daily ward rounds as will be assigned by the supervisor
- Assist with OPD consultations.
- Represent KMH at health meetings with IRC.
- Organize regular on-the-job training sessions for the camp hospital staff in coordination with your supervisor and/or Clinical Services Manager.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be assigned by the catholic diocese/ Supervisor or Clinical Services Manager.
- Provision of safe anesthetic services to patients both from the local community and those referred from the IRC main hospital for surgery.
- Ensure timely and quality anesthetic services to patients
- Maintain accurate inventory and ensure rational use of anesthetic supplies.
Higher Diploma in Anesthesia from KMTC or any other reputable institution.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least two years experience working in a busy theatre unit.
- Computer literate
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.