Ipas Jobs in Kenya – Vacancy in Finance and Consulting
Ipas Senior Finance Manager, and Senior Regional Health Systems Consultant Jobs in Kenya
Through the Africa Alliance office based in Nairobi, Ipas support s programs and policy strategies in the Africa region and selected countries, including Kenya, Uganda, Malawi and Tanzania.
The Ipas Africa Alliance seeks staff for its finance and programs team in Kenya and the region.
There are two openings one for a Senior Finance Manager and the other for Regional Health Systems Consultant.
The incumbent will work with a team to support the enabling environment to improve women’s reproductive rights, specifically the right to safe abortion in Kenya and in the region.
Senior Finance Manager
- Provide oversight and coordination the Africa Alliance finance team by ensuring timely and accurate processing of financial transactions, timely reporting and submission of financial reports to HQ, oversee adherence to organizational SOPs, donor guidelines and local regulations and GAAP.
- Work closely with Africa Vice-President, Alliance Country/Programs Director and Unit Managers to ensure budgets consistent with strategic plans, assists the in the formulation of project and new proposal budgets, provides strategic inputs on budget MIS and provides training and orientation on budgeting process and procedures.
- Supervise the Country banking arrangements, liaison with the banker, ensure adequate cash flow for operations, and ensure to minimize exposure to currency exchange gain /loss.
- Supervise the operations/office logistics.
- Establishes annual audit program in consultation with Country/Programs Director and HQ Finance, oversees the implementation of annual statutory audit, and oversees the implementation of annual audit. findings/recommendations
- Independently defines tasks and procedures on new assignments.
- Provides leadership within technical or functional area to resolve complex issues
- C.P.A. certification is desired
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s with a major in accounting, finance, commerce, or a related field is required
- At least 9 years’ experience required
- 3-4 years previous supervisory experience required
- Minimal international NGO experience required
- Must be able to independently produce financial statements according to internationally accepted accounting principals
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of country and region specific accounting standards and principals
- Must be familia region
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Provides input on country and regional program design, proposal development, and reports to ensure core health system program components are represented,
- Ensures entry of country level health system activities into the GEM reporting system and tracks progress in achieving targets,
- Provides technical assistance in implementing Ipas’s standard procedures for trainee and site support and monitoring,
- Ensures country programs are utilizing abortion technology supply and resupply guidance,
- Reviews quarterly site monitoring results to identify gaps in trainee and site performance and needed improvements,
- Reviews and provides inputs on country-adapted training, educational materials and standards and guidelines to ensure consistency with agency standards and ensures Clinical Affairs Global Technical review of clinically-related information and recommendations,
- Coordinates with other members of the Regional Support Team to mutually support achievement of results,
- Summarizes and presents technical activities and results to share best practices and seeks technical inputs for improving health system results,
- Participates in donor processes including report/proposal writing and fundraising.
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline;
- 8 + years reproductive health experience;
- Extensive reproductive health training experience;
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic planning and technical skills in areas of responsibility;
- Proven management, supervisory, budgeting, and negotiating skills;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Demonstrated computer experience;
- Cross-cultural/language skills preferred;
- International experience and expertise required, particularly in West Africa region;
- Demonstrated fundraising experience, as relevant;
- Ability to represent Ipas externally, including communications and negotiations with partners;
- Ability to travel 30% to plan, implement or supervise technical activities