IPA Field Assistant Job in Kenya
About the project:
Other barriers to connection take up, such as collective action issues in multi-household compounds and resident versus non-resident landlords will be studied. Results of this study will be used to inform pricing of subsidy schemes for sewer connections globally.
Combined with added knowledge about the effect of information and awareness campaigns, the goal of this study is to determine cost-effective policies to improve connectivity and usage of sewage systems in the developing world.
- Arrive at work on time
- Complete scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
- Demonstrate integrity and understanding during interaction with community members and partner organization staff
- On non-field days, perform office duties with care (for instance translation work, which will be taught as needed)
- Assist in daily survey organization and storage
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection
- Administer household surveys
- Distribute vouchers
- Provide the PM/APMs with daily feedback regarding surveying activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Experience with data collection through household surveys, academic tests, exit interviews, focus groups or observations
- Ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to subjects
- Excellent note taking ability during interviews
- Comfortable with interviewing individuals within their homes
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (mandatory)
- Ability to comfortably work with groups and within groups
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences, health and /or business administration- these must be genuine – reserve the right to countercheck
- Past experience in data collection – show proof of this in application
- Experience in data collection using Open Data Kit (ODK)
- If worked with the project in the past added advantage but no guarantee of being selected – please indicate clearly on application
The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to [email protected]