Investor Relations Manager Kenya
Location: Marketing & Corporate Affairs
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Corporate Affairs
Job Purpose Summary:
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Corporate Affairs the job holder will take strategic management responsibility for integrating the finance, communication and marketing functions to enable the most effective communication between the Company, its investors, the financial community and other stakeholders.
Nature and Scope:
The position holder must have a strong knowledge of current and upcoming issues that an organization may face, particularly those that relate to fiduciary duties and organizational impact.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
a) Strategic Roles and Responsibilities
Investor Relations Strategy:
- Continuous management, evaluation and development of the Company’s Investor Relations Strategy in line with Company’s business strategy and movements in relevant markets, economies, regulatory and stakeholder developments thus ensuring that Company’s is optimally positioned as an optimal investment case at all times.
- Work with all internal operations, leadership and key advisors and service providers to ensure that long term sustainable brand equity is built around Company’s from a business standpoint amongst all relevant stakeholders.
- Continuous research, evaluation, reporting and formulation of counter or corrective strategies for the Company’s investor brand against set benchmarks and the competition.
- Implement an Investor Relations strategy for Company’s in line with the overriding business strategy.
- Manage information structuring and dissemination regarding Company’s performance and business developments to the general business community, investors, media and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with key management at both operational and holding company level in the areas of investor updates and briefings together with managing media, investor and analyst enquiries and structuring responses (both proactively and reactively).
- Manage and monitor both the Company’s and competitor investor databases in order to have a clear movement of the Company’s equity and proactively red flag any opportunities or threats to the equity.
- Provide support to the GFD on strategic, financial, competitive, and market study analyses including provision of regular competitive peer benchmarking by tracking and reporting comparative financial and operational metrics and highlighting relevant operational or market changes.
- Build, maintain and foster cordial professional relationships with all stakeholders especially the analysts and investor community.
- Actively promote Company’s investment and business case at every opportunity and help to formulate and implement interventions that will assist in this regard.
- Work closely with Company’s appointed agencies and advisors i.e. PR agency, Auditors, Advertising agencies and other consultants in order to ensure that all communication and interventions are always in line with the underlying business and communication strategy.
- Manage the payment of relevant accounts as well as managing set budgets and compiling reports and recommendations for Communications Director and Company’s Exco.
- Keep abreast of all relevant developments in all areas that may have a direct or indirect effect on the brand and financial equity of Company’s.
- A business related degree. MBA will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in Finance/Investment e.g. CPA, CFA, ACCA, etc.
- Over 5 (five) years’ experience in finance 2 of which must be experience in managing investor relations.
- Previous experience as a financial analyst and with a good grasp of the global, regional and local equity and business environment.
- Preferably have a good grasp of the workings of the media, PR and Brand disciplines.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with strong knowledge of investments.
- Proactive and outgoing nature and personality.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple critical projects and assignments.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills and the ability to and articulate strategy and financials across all levels in a clear, appropriate and timely manner.
- Strong team player with excellent leadership skills.
- Relationship building skills in the investment community.
- Top notch analytical skills.
- Willingness to continuously learn and share knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with the Executive team.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, willing to “sell” the company to the financial community.
- Tact, integrity, patience and highest order work ethic.