IntraHealth International MLE Project Program Assistant Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 21, 2014
The MLE project is the “Evaluation arm” of the Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (URHI), led by the University of North Carolina (UNC) in Chapel Hill, USA in partnership with IntraHealth International, whose main objectives are data collection, data use, cross-country sharing and capacity building.
Position: Program Assistant
Reporting to the MLE Country Manager, the Program Assistant will offer both administrative and research support to the overall project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing administrative and logistics assistance to the project as appropriate
- Prepare, obtain necessary approvals and track PRFs
- Coordination with relevant IH Kenya offices (HR, procurement, administration and logistics and finance) to facilitate key project activities
- Maintain an inventory of all supplies and study materials
- Printing, scanning, binding, organization and processing of documents and materials e.g. consent forms, questionnaires, protocols, time sheets, work orders, requisitions, travel reimbursements etc.
- Coordinate a variety of projects, functions and/or program components e.g. meetings, in-service events, travel and accommodations, etc.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, travel reservations/accommodations, facility usage, etc. for the purpose of making necessary arrangements for the project team
- Participate in a meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees
- Participate in and developing individual and project-based work plans
- Assist with supervision of data collection in the field using qualitative and quantitative tools
- Perform spot checks for quality control
Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field such as Business Administration, Project Management, Logistics Management or any related field
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in a busy research organization with experience in coordinating survey /research
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets in program setting
- Good organizational and coordination skills
- Solid computer skills to include proficiency using emails, word and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment
If your background, experience and competencies match the specifications above, confidently apply (indicating the position title in the subject line) by sending your updated CV, along with a covering letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and the names of three referees one of whom must be your supervisor in your current or former employment to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is January 24, 2014