IntraHealth International Deputy Chief of Party / Training Technical Advisor (FUNZOKenya Project) Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 18, 2014
IntraHealth International Inc. believes in a world where all people have an equal opportunity for health and well being.
We support health workers to succeed, improve policies and systems for a strong workforce that delivers health services to meet communities’ needs.
FUNZOKenya, a USAID funded project, aims to improve access to and quality of health workforce training in Kenya.
Intra Health is seeking to fill the position of Deputy Chief of Party / Training Technical Advisor for the FUNZOKenya Project.
S/he will supervise a team of six (6) senior program technical staff.
1. Technical Leadership & Innovation:
- Provide support to the Ministry of Health (MoH), USAID APHIAPIus and other stakeholders in the identification of pre-service and in-service health workforce training needs and implementation of training strategies to support the development of Kenya’s health workforce.
- Ensure that the project contributes valuable, high quality technical leadership to strengthen human resources for health (HRH) in Kenya through training and education financing, institutional capacity building and support for regulatory bodies.
- Lead and assist the project’s technical partners including lntraHealth’s Advisors seconded to implementing partners to create and implement training/education solutions and innovations to meet project deliverables.
- Provide strategic direction and technical support in the area of training/education best practices, including the identification, collection and dissemination of best practices.
- Develop knowledge management and communication systems to maintain and share best practices information with the MOH and other key stakeholders in Kenya, including workshops/forums and/or publications.
2. Technical Assistance & Capacity Building:
- Lead annual work plan and budget development processes
- Identify and oversee short-term technical assistance needs
- Meet with staff on a regular basis to discuss issues, track work progress, provide guidance and support, and ensure consistent quality of work performed.
- Conduct performance plan and reviews and seek opportunities for staff development and growth needed for project success
- Lead the production of evidenced based quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to USAID Kenya.
3. Project Management & Organizational Leadership:
- Contribute to the overall management of the project to ensure it meets USAID expectations and contractual deliverables
- Work with the Chief of Party to ensure the visibility of the project and organization to donors and clients.
- Present project innovations and lessons learned at Technical Working Group (TWG) meetings, conferences and other forums.
- Represent the project with USAID/Kenya, MOH and other stakeholders in Kenya.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Masters in Public Health (MPH), PhD, or similar qualifications with significant experience in medical education, organizational development, and/or a health discipline involving training required
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant senior technical, management and leadership experience in implementing complex education/training or workforce development activities, involving coordination with multiple government, donor, and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated success in managerial role of a comparable program, managing professional and financial resources on a similar scale.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and mentor and direct all levels of staff while creating a positive team environment.
- Demonstrated capabilities in institutional capacity building, organizational development designing and supporting the development of education/training systems,
- Experience working with USAID, and strong familiarity with PEPFAR and other USG initiatives.
- Ability to build networks and maintain working effective working relations with government personnel, NGO partners and Government personnel.
- Extensive experience working in Kenya, preferably with the MOH or other stakeholder institutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the GOK’s Health Systems Strengthening priorities in context of county devolution.
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other programs
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is March 28, 2014.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted