IntraHealth FUNZOKenya Project Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 22, 2014
FUNZOKenya is a USAID funded, IntraHealth International led project that aims to improve access to and quality of health workforce training by supporting an increased number of new health workers trained; supporting current health worker training needs; strengthening the capacity of training institutions and strengthening regulatory bodies to enhance training demand.
Working in close partnership with the Ministry of Health, leading health training institutions in Kenya and the National Health Training Working Group among others, the Project aims to build responsive country-led training systems to improve health sector outcomes and the accessibility and quality of health workforce training in Kenya.
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (SM&E Officer)
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), the SM&E Officer will be the project’s focal person for the compilation, tracking and reporting of data for reports to the funder and other stakeholders and ensuring that all activities carried out contribute to the Project’s targeted outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports and collate lessons learned to inform programmatic work,
- Update Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) indicators and targets and assess progress relative to those targets.
- Develop, implement and maintain a monitoring and evaluation system that excels in capturing project progress and ¡n tracking program implementation.
- Work with Hub managers in training partner staff on data collection, use of M&E tools, timely reporting and data quality assessment.
- Work with program teams to identify and to write abstracts on the project activities for local and International conferences.
Qualifications and Competencies
A Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (public health, social science, or a related field) with statistical skills, at least 6 years working experience in monitoring program activities in the development field, preferably in the health and demonstrated expertise in data analysis (quantitative & qualitative skills) are required.
Possession of excellent communication and analytical skills, team orientation and ability to provide leadership in coordinating monitoring and evaluation activities is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competencies match the specifications below, apply by sending your CV, cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and the names of three referees who must have been your supervisor to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is January 24, 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.