INTERSOS Job Vacancy – Field Coordinator
INTERSOS Field Coordinator Job Vacancy
Based in Dhobley Intersos office, the candidate will be involved in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and reporting all of the activities planned for Intersos PDM and Returnees project in Somalia.
- Participate in, and facilitate PDM trainings and meetings with project stakeholders
- Assist in project implementation through facilitation, coordination and supervision of all PDM data collection exercises.
- Manage individual exercise budgets.
- Identify and maintain database of IDP settlements in border regions including, where possible, obtaining GPS coordinates of settlements.
- Identify return movements and provide regular reports providing situation analysis.
- Maintain network with local authorities and other stakeholders in order to: provide an overview of the demographic profile of IDPs and return movements; provide an overview of the intentions and situation analysis of IDP and return movements; and prepare responses to requests from local authorities, and the public regarding program information.
- Assist in conducting project related assessments, surveys and evaluations.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be assigned as from time to time
- Diploma in Community Development, statistics, Social work, or related social sciences.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in working in an International non-governmental Organization.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English and Somali, both verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and Access and internet use;
- Prior work experience in South Central region of Somalia and familiarity with community strategies, structures and processes as well as willingness to frequently visit these regions;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact successfully with a diverse group of individuals and champion a team spirit;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times especially in relation to partner activities