Internship Position in Project Management
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 28, 2014
Position: Intern – Project Coordinator – Managed Services & Infra Delivery
Job Code: Internship
Responsibility: (the job will entail training as per the JD below)
- Set standards for how projects are run
- Ensure project management standards are followed
- Gathering of project data and production of information for management review
- Source of guidance and advice for project managers
- Managing and facilitating the portfolio management process
- Creation and maintenance of standards and methods;
- Centralized archive of lessons learned;
- Project administration support –facilitation of project web site, special meetings, war room, PM software support, etc;
- PM consulting and mentoring on methodology, and dealing with exceptions;
- Providing or arranging PM training.
- Managing shared methodology, vision and processes;
- Training and competence development;
- Offering support for projects, Help Desk service Assistance;
- Contributing with recommendations to project governance –selection of projects-
- Contributing with recommendations to project quality assurance
- Offering support to project owner –support those in charge of portfolio management
- Preparing/ monitoring the Project Metrics, follow up, status meetings, project reports
- Capable to run the PMO organization with support from PMs/Delivery Head.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Computer science/ Business Administration – graduate/Diploma graduate from a reputable institution
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for technical concepts.
- Ability to write for different audiences.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
If you meet the above requirements please email your CV to [email protected] by 28th January 2014.
Recent graduates are particularly encouraged to apply.