International Jobs Kenya – Trade Expert
Category: International Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 4, 2013
International Trade Expert Job in Kenya
International Trade Expert:
Our client who is in the field of Trade and Investment is currently seeking to hire an International Trade Expert.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to Identify, develop and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, cost and markup factors.
- Responsible for the evaluation of all financial aspects of business development, such as budgets, research, development appropriations and analyze the findings.
- Ability to provide advice on return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Advise business or other investor groups on local, national, or international factors affecting trade.
- Ability to provide assistance with government services and lobbying
- Ability to address regional trade and transport policies.
- Demonstrated experience working with regional economic communities.
- Conduct economic or commercial surveys to identify potential markets (local and international)
- Ability to lead a team and establish good business practice by ensuring support of sound business, legal, and ethical practices.
- Ability to analyze business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Responsible for creating, organizing and conducting seminars and promotional events, such as trade shows and trade missions.
- Ability to establish strong rapport with and influence a variety of individuals in other functional areas and business units, bridging cultural differences.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in international trade, economics, business administration or other relevant area.
- Minimum eight years of progressive professional experience in an applicable subject area.
- 3 years in international trade or financial analysis, including minimum 2 years at a senior level, reflecting substantial level of independence and accountability for assigned projects
- Demonstrated ability to conduct complex financial and pricing analysis.
- Experience on the ability to equally apply strategic and tactical framework to business challenges.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and achieve results based upon high level direction
- Successfully developed, presented, discussed and advocated for conclusions and recommendations at senior management level
- Strong understanding of channel and trade management programs.
- Highly Desirable Experience:
- Experience in analyzing and addressing export and importing / pricing differentials
- Experience in developing or managing trade/channel management programs.
- Experience in developing multinational customer management strategies.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regionally.
- Fast learner; quickly understands implications of new information/activity
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation, interpersonal)
- Ability to articulate analysis results to a management level audience to enhance understanding and lead to decisions and action
- High level of business acumen; clear understanding of products, markets, competitors, and identify and assess potential implications of developments.
- High level of initiative
- Disciplined approach to problem solving
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
How to apply:
Qualifying candidates should send their application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, Current and expected remuneration to [email protected] before COB 20th June 2013.