International Finance Corporation Vacancies – Nairobi Jobs Kenya
International Finance Corporation a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector.
International Finance Corporation (IFC) Principal / Senior Industry Specialist Job in Nairobi Kenya
Job #: 131209
Background / General description:
In fiscal 2011, amid economic uncertainty across the globe, IFC helped our clients create jobs, strengthen environmental performance, and contribute to their local communities—all while driving our investments to an all-time high of nearly $19 billion.
IFC’s Agribusiness Department supports investments in many sub-sectors: primary agricultural, fruits and vegetables, vegetable oils, tree crops, livestock, dairy, animal feed, food processing, milling, beverages and provides logistical and technical support to the agribusiness sector.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of IFC’s agribusiness strategies and investment program
- Provide industry and best practice advice to internal – IFC and WBG colleagues – and external clients and add value to new business development activities and portfolio monitoring, as well as to advisory services projects.
- Conduct due diligences assessing project strengths and weaknesses and providing investment teams with an appraisal report plus operational parameters to be built into financial models
- Participate in investment committee meetings reviewing investment and advisory proposals, and support best practice dissemination and knowledge sharing.
- Participates in conferences and seminars and other events appropriate to maintaining and building sector knowledge and promoting IFC agribusiness capabilities
- Assists in the selection, briefing and supervision of specialist technical consultants engaged on due diligence and advisory services activities.
- Recognized within IFC as an authority in one or more key sectors and participates in World Bank Group wide events and specialist working groups.
- Most importantly, 10+ years experience at the senior management level of an agribusiness enterprise across several sub-sectors, with an emphasis on livestock (beef, dairy, pork, poultry and aquaculture) and food processing.
- University degree in agricultural, food science, technology, engineering, veterinary or closely related field
- Sound knowledge of current industry and sector operating parameters to permit comparative cost analysis and bench-marking, and established credibility as a respected regional or international agribusiness professional
- Sound business judgment and proven track record of investment screening and assessment
- Excellent communication skills in English; other language skills are an advantage; ability to work in a cross cultural environment
- Good command of information technology.
- Cross-sectoral agribusiness experience and exposure to marketing, sales, distribution, operations, procurement, engineering, MIS, business development, quality and environmental management.
- Willingness to undertake extensive international travel
Note to Internal Staff: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment.