International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC): Logistics Manager Jobs
International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the oldest Humanitarian Organisation in the World
Closing date: 31 Oct 2010
The Logistics Manager will report to the Regional Representative and manage the Federation’s logistics operations and staff and in cooperation with the National Society will ensure the efficient and effective delivery logistics services.
1. Implement/maintain Federation standard practices in logistics procedures. Advice and assist in the procurement of goods and services on behalf of country delegations, ONS’s and PNS’s in the RDN area (s) of operation following Federation standard practises and keeping documentation to full audit trail standards and provide advice/negotiate contracts required by the delegation for goods and services.
2. Plan and organise the subsequent forwarding of any locally, regionally or internationally procured/donated/received/mobilised material and equipment by sea/land/air as required after due consultation and liaison.
3. In consultation and liaison with the Regional Representative, plan, organise and maintain receipt and forwarding of all relief and other items in the regional warehouse.
4. Provide timely, accurate stock and inventory reports for Management information and donor reporting purposes.
5. Ensure that all customs formalities are quickly undertaken / processed in order to maintain the import/export flow of Federation relief supplies and other material and equipment’s.
6. Provide timely advice and technical support on logistics issues to other functions within the delegation.
7. To support, train and develop Delegates, National Staff, delegation staffs and National Society staff as required, on logistics procedures.
8. Liaise with international, government and non-government agencies and collaborate with them as appropriate including the relevant Desks and the Logistics Service at the Secretariat in Geneva and Dubai RLU.
9. Provide management, guidance and maintenance of logistical fixed assets, including the arrangement of insurance.
10. In consultation with the Regional Representative, identify programmes requiring support within the logistics areas of responsibility, and plan and budget for these requirements. This will include providing capacity building through mentoring and training to enable personnel to gain a high standard of knowledge and experience, thereby allowing them to become self-reliant within their fields.
11. Ensure IFRC procedures and systems are correctly implemented with regards to supply-chain management, procurement, and warehousing, fleet management and asset inventory management.
12. Ensure accurate and up to date records and reporting systems are maintained including, but not limited to, procurement, warehouse management, commodity tracking systems, transportation, fleet maintenance, fuel consumption, asset inventory.
13. Review all IFRC logistics procedures and systems in order to improve or modify with regard to the current requirements.
14. Co-ordinate and manage the supply and logistics support for delegation operations, including requisitioning, receiving, storing and issuing goods.
15. Provide supervision and direction of the Federations procurement systems.
16. Plan, co-ordinate and manage transportation operations in support of the East Africa Regional Representation.
17. Overall management of the vehicle fleet, including dispatch planning and the management of drivers.
18. Co-ordinate logistics functions with the National Societies, integrating operations as far as possible, with the goal of transferring operational responsibility to the National Societies.
19. Provide logistics technical co-ordination and advice to other departments and functions within the delegation.
20. Supervise the Procurement Officer, Logistics Officer and the Drivers.
21. Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
Duties applicable to all
1. Work towards the achievement of Federation goals in the region of operation through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
2. Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
3. Perform other work related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
1. Establish and ensure effective working relationships with the staff.
2. Ensure effective working relationships with National Societies’ counterparts and leadership.
3. Ensure effective working relationships with technical and service departments at the Regioanl Office, Zone Office and Geneva Secretariat level.
Education and Experience
1. Masters Degree in Logistics/ Procurement, Business Administration
2. A professional Logistics/Procurement qualification will be an added advantage.
3. 7 years or more experience in logistics/procurement management, planning, reviews and capacity building
Skills & Knowledge
1. Practical knowledge of computers (Word processing, spreadsheets, word processing, power point and e-mail)
2. Experience in Logistics Management
3. Experience in coaching
4. Experience in training and developing skills
5. Experience in planning and managing budgets and projects
6. Experience in narrative writing
Fluency in English and Kiswahili
1. Able to work in a team
2. High degree of integrity, discretion and personal conduct
3. Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
4. Self motivated, with good judgment and initiative
5. Excellent inter-personal skills
6. Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
How to apply
Only Kenyan Nationals need apply. Applications should be submitted to email address [email protected] to be received not later than 31st October 2010. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code: RW_8A6KBT-84