Internal Auditor Job – Kenya School of Government
Principal Internal Auditor Job in Kenya School of Government
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that prudent methods and procedures for proper and effective financial (and other related non-financial) controls are developed, implemented and complied with, for optimal performance of the School.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing an internal audit strategy
- Developing, implementing and executing Internal Audit Programs, with sound policies and procedures, that will ensure that Internal Control systems and measures are developed, instituted and adhered to.
- To make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings, monitor management’s response and implementation
- Reviewing compliance to organization’s policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements
- Identifying and investigating possible risk areas for reporting to the Management and Council
- Performing post-audit reviews and making follow-ups to ensure implementation of agreed recommendations
- Apply advanced audit concepts and techniques in analyzing physical and computer based systems
- Secretary to the Audit committee of the Council
- Carry out any other assignments as may be assigned from time to time
- Must be a holder of MBA Finance/Accounting
- Bachelor degree in a related social science preferably Accounting, Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration.
- A CPA (K) holder specialized in Auditing will be preferred. CISA/CIA qualifications will also be an added advantage
- Possess proven business skills and mastery of accounting principles and procedures, and conventional audit guidelines
- Over 5 years experience, 2 of which should be in senior position
- Possess business, managerial, administrative skills
- Demonstrate leadership abilities with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to analyze and solve problems
- Proficiency in computer application packages
- Must be a member of ICPAK.
Please send your application and a detailed CV with three (3) referees indicating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact; including copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, to reach the undersigned before or on 14th June 2013 by 5.00pm:
The Director KSG – Nairobi,
Kenya School of Government
P.O Box 23030 – 00604,