Internal Auditor Job in Kenya
Our client is a well established micro-finance institution with operations throughout the East African region offering credit services and solutions to organized groups, SME individual businesses and employees both in public and private sector.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met.
- Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the audit committee and provides recommendations for improving the organization’s operations, in terms of both efficient and effective performance
- Evaluates information security and associated risk exposures
- Evaluates regulatory compliance program with consultation from legal counsel
- Evaluates the organization’s readiness in case of business interruption
- Maintains open communication with management and the audit committee
- Teams with other internal and external resources as appropriate
- Engages in continuous education and staff development
- Provides support to the company’s anti-fraud programs.
- Must have a Degree/Diploma in Accounting.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in auditing.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Must be doing or completed articles with an Audit Firm.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Team player, with ability to operate independently.
- Professional attitude.
- Computer literate