Internal Auditor Job in Chester House, Nairobi, Kenya (Urgent)
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 22, 2013
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Reports to: Group Chief Executive Officer
Duty station: Chester House – Nairobi
Key Task: To manage the internal audit function of the Monarch Group in a manner that ensures that Company assets are safeguarded against financial risk through the implementation of effective internal controls, adherence to accounting standards and compliance to the legislature.
- Draw up the annual audit plan in consultation with the GCEO, schedule work and implement such plans.
- Continually review the business operations in the Group to identify potential business risk and make recommendations on corrective action.
- Carry out internal control audits and advise the management on the adequacy of internal control systems of the Group, giving recommendations on improvement and monitor implementation.
- Ascertain the effectiveness with which the Company’s assets are accounted for and safeguarded from all kinds of losses arising from fraud and other offences, waste, extravagance, inefficient administration, poor value for money and other causes.
- Review the suitability and reliability of management information produced within the organization.
- Analyse the outcomes of audit activities, draft or review reports for discussion with management
- Liaise with external auditors on the annual audits and ensure that the External Auditors’ reports are followed up and implemented.
- Ensure that the internal audit recommendations are implemented by the concerned parties and advise the Directors/management accordingly.
- Performing special investigations as directed by management.
- Witness the handing over of Company assets so as to ensure accountability and security.
- Maintain relevant confidential documents e.g. audit reports.
Job specification of Internal Auditor
- Accounting or finance degree
- CPA (K)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- 5 years experience as Senior Auditor or above
- Auditing skills
- Systems and policy review and development
- Accounting skills
- Compliance monitoring skills
- Investigation skills
- Planning and organizing
- Reporting skills
- Business risk assessment
Email your application and CV to:[email protected]