Interior Designer Job in Kenya
Interior design Job Purpose: To plan and realize the design of living and commercial environments maintaining purpose practicability and the visual pleasing factor of all company clients’ spaces.
- To choose the most appropriate materials for the design and budget
- To advice clients on progress, and providing them with samples of paints and fabrics to be used in from structural alterations to the choice of furnishings, curtains, wallpaper and lighting.
- To keep abreast on changing trends in design.
- To develop detailed designs, often using computer-aided design (CAD) software or small-scale models
- To work to a brief, which details what the space will be used for
- To inspect and survey buildings
- To negotiate fees and setting schedules for the project
- To research and draw up rough plans
- To develop detailed designs and choosing materials
- To supervise the work as it is carried out.
- A diploma or bachelors degree in Interior design
- Minimum experience 3 years
- Organizational and time management skills
- High level of creative and artistic ability in design or color
- High 3D awareness
- Leadership and team management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- good drawing and IT skills
- The ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others