Insurance Assessment Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 11, 2013
Job Title: Assessment Manager
Reports to: General Manager, Claims
Location: Head Office with travel to the branches
Our client is a leading provider of innovative,reliable and affordable motor insurance services backed by unmatched service for over 10 years in the transport industry.
- Review and approve claims reserves (new and adjustments) and ensure that the Journal Vouchers are forwarded to
- Accounts within 24 hours of approval.
- Review and approve valuation reports and ensure that all vehicles proposed for insurance are both roadworthy and insurable.
- Review and approve assessor’s cash requisitions.
- Review and approve dispatch of correspondences and investigation & Assessment Instructions.
- Approve repair authority within 48 hours after receipt of the Assessment Reports
- Analyze and approve assessment and investigation reports.
- Analyze and Approve Third Party claims proposals on negotiations parameters.
- Review and approve own damage claims payments.
- Review and approve invoices from external assessors, investigators and other service providers.
- Vet and recommend the approval of the panel of garages, external assessors and salvage buyers.
- Be a member of the Salvage Tender Committee and ensure a speedy disposal of Salvages
- Review and approve claim files to ensure accuracy of data and reserves
- Review and approve closure of files.
- Provide monthly claim reports for internal and external use.
- Pursue recovery from third parties and/or third party insurers.
- Handle enquiries and approvals on payment of excess.
- Handle negotiations and customer complaints from the insured or intermediaries.
- Detect and investigate fraudulent claims and collect proper evidence to effectively repudiate and/or defend such claims
- Maintain and update a pricing record of spare parts for effective analysis of Assessors reports
- Attend court for hearings as a witness in recovery proceedings.
- Preparation of the system workflows and documents for the assessment department.
- Liaise with the HR & other departments in promoting the company’s values and policies.
- Prepare the Assessment department’s key performance indicators.
- Effectively manage the Department’s cash allocation/budget.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a business related field or mechanical Engineering or related course from a recognized university
- Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering for holders of a business related degrees from a recognized institution
- Diploma in Insurance
- Five years progressive hands on working experience in motor insurance industry is compulsory, two of which must be at a supervisory/management position.
If interested, kindly send your CV to [email protected], indicating the job title as your subject matter