Inoorero University Personal Assistant to the Chancellor Job in Kenya
Personal Assistant to the Chancellor
Overall Purpose of the position: Provide high level administrative support to the Chancellor’s office by performing routine clerical, administrative and executive functions.
- Managing telephone calls, including making calls on Chancellors’ behalves and dealing with enquiries, direct all incoming calls to appropriate parties promptly and efficiently
- Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings and ensuring that necessary papers have been received and are available, and any necessary briefings arranged.
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Chancellor.
- Assist in designing and preparation of PowerPoint presentations and spreadsheets
- Arrange travel logistics, schedule and reservations for executive management as needed. Both personal and IU related.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Draft, prepare, distribute and follow-up with various correspondence
- Collaborate with the other Admin Assistants/ senior secretaries on projects / matters related to Board activities
- Assist in the coordination and planning of IU related events
- Serve as a staff liaison by assisting executive management in Government / statutory Affairs
- Filing and the general organization of documentation
- Prepare expense reimbursements in a timely manner
- Maintain effective communication between the Faculty/Departments and other stakeholders for mutual understanding and image positioning
- Participate in other activities/ duties at the discretion of management
- Assist with some personal errands and project
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Proactive, initiative and good networking skills.
- IT Proficiency
Professional Qualifications: Secretarial Training.
- 5 Years experience in secretarial duties in a busy organization.
- University work experience is a distinct advantage.
You may apply by emailing your application letter and CV to [email protected]
IU is an equal opportunity employer.