Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Project Manager Job in Bungoma Kenya
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a U.S. non-profit organization dedicated to creating, evaluating, and replicating innovative solutions to poverty and policy problems worldwide. IPA specializes in using randomized impact evaluation to assess the effectiveness of development programs.
IPA seeks a Project Manager for immediate hire, who will assist with implementation of a project to position IPA’s soapy water hand washing station for scale up and track respondents from the main WASH Benefits study who have migrated outside the study area.
- Oversee and monitor the process of locating respondents, ensuring compliance with protocols
- Implement project guidelines governing field staff who work remotely and locally
- Train and manage the field teams that conduct the attrition visits
- Under the guidance of the Project Associate, develop field visit schedules
- Plan for staffing and hardware needs
- Aid in planning for field visit logistics including making transportation arrangements and implementing camping protocols
- Aid in modifying existing behavior change materials for use during attrition visits
- Support field visits by the Catapult and SweetLab teams
- Aid in preparation and review of data collection/interview materials,
- Design field work schedules and manage supporting field staff
- Oversee field testing of SweetLab sensors and ensure installation protocol is followed by field staff
- Plan and implement field visit logistics
- Train and manage the field teams that conduct the data collection
- Ensure all data quality protocols are followed
- Manage field logistics, including staffing and scheduling data collection activities
- Aid the project associate with implementing human resource procedures
- Participate in the selection process for local hires
- Assist with training as needed
- Assist with staff evaluations twice annually; make recommendations regarding renewal of staff contracts
- Enforce all IPAK policies and work with IPAK management to execute staff disciplinary action.
- Communicate regularly with management team.
- Assist in the writing of quarterly reports
- Other duties related to project implementation and administrative tasks as needed.
least six months.
- BA, BSc. or Masters in development economics, or field related to public health.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- At least two years of project management experience. Extensive experience supervising, designing and implementing data collection and/or field work activities, and managing teams of field workers, is preferred.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Interest in pursuing a career in non-profit management, public health or related fields.
- Advanced user of Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point), and the internet.