Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) IT Officer Job in Kisumu Kenya
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit research organization that creates and evaluates approaches to solving development problems. IPA disseminates the results of its evaluations to policymakers, practitioners, investors and donors around the world.
The IT Department’s mission is to provide IT support required for the fulfilment of the IPA’s mission in an efficient and effective manner through building competencies in the technical analysis, design, procurement, implementation, operation and support of computing infrastructure and services.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- User support, offering assistance to users on IT technical related issues.
- Hardware and software by troubleshooting and solving hardware/software faults.
- Supporting the roll-out of new I.T technologies and applications.
- Assistance in setting up new users’ accounts and profiles as well as offering IT orientation, IT best practices and IT policies.
- Network support by troubleshooting network devices (switches, routers and wireless access points) whenever necessary.
- Internet management by ensuring the internet is always available and liaising with Internet service providers whenever the internet goes down.
- Bandwidth management, ensuring internet is used for work purposes only.
- IT inventory management by ensuring all and any new IT equipment is captured in the IT asset register.
- Knowledge in Windows and Linux server environments – Active Directory, File and Printer sharing, Application server, Server backup scheduling.
- Knowledge in programming Apache, PHP, SQL and MySQL servers.
- Should have CCNA certification.
- Ability to support a vast number of users.
- Knowledge in Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 platforms.
- Knowledge in Office applications Office 2007, Office 2010 and Office 2013
- Knowledge in helpdesk support systems such as Zendesk.
- Good communication skills and report writing skills.
- Academic qualifications, at least a Diploma in IT.
- Work experience should be minimum 2 years working in a busy IT department.
- Ability to work and deliver on or before deadlines.