Indepth Research – Internship Job in Kenya
Posted: Sep 5, 2013
Indepth Research Services Accountant Internship Job in Kenya
Indepth Research Services is a capacity development and research services firm in Africa.
We offer research support and capacity development programmes to development institutions and professionals in Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management and Analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing.
We are looking for an accountant to work in our organisation.
Purpose of the job: To ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Finance Department according to Company’s policies and procedures
Allowances: The starting salary for this position is KES15, 000.
- Process payment vouchers
- Maintenance of an efficient filing system of payment vouchers, receipts and invoices
- Ensure that all the company’s financial transactions are captured fully and accurately
- Maintaining of proper and up to date books of accounts
- Filing and safely storing company documents and receipts for future reference
- Maintenance of cash ledgers and general accounts reconciliations
- Tax returns
- Bank Reconciliation
- Preparation of L.P.O and processing of invoices
- Processing of statutory returns (NHIF, NSSF, P.A.Y.E)
- Preparation of financial statements
- Good skill in business software tools, Computer Literate
- Good personal judgment, initiative, reliability, discipline and punctuality
- Cordial relationship with colleagues & customers
- Excellent analytical and accounting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Should be self-driven and work with minimum supervision excellent report writing skills
- Detailed understanding of the role and functions of the accounting department
- Should be a CPA 1 holder
- Knowledge of QuickBooks will be an added advantage
- At least one (1) year experience
- At least 1 year experience
Our Core Values
We are guided by and strive to uphold the following core values in all the activities we undertake. All prospective candidates must prescribe to IRES core values as stated below:
Teamwork: Working together efficiently to add value to all stakeholders of IRES
Commitment: Attaining excellence through diversity.
Professionalism: Indepth Research Services upholds to always behave in an ethical manner reflecting the highest level of competence and skill.
Excellence: Exceeding all expectations and excelling in everything we do.
Learning: Continuously improving our skills, knowledge and abilities.
Passion: Being excited and enthusiastic about what we do.
Integrity: Being sincere and ethical in all we do.
Innovation: We embrace new thinking & technology to create opportunities for IRES.
Respect for Human Dignity: We have profound respect for all human differences, including age, cultural, ethnic, racial, linguistic, gender, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual orientation, and ability.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV before 18th September, 2013.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.
P.O Box 104289 – 00101,