Indepth Research Developer Interns Jobs in Kenya (KES 15K)
We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors .
- Writing specifications, designing, building (developing), testing and implementing (installing a program into production) programs.
- Breaking down program specifications into their simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex business problems, interface with clients and gather business requirements and objectives, translate the clients’ business requirements and objectives into technical applications and solutions.
- Establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with clients, clarifying to clients what actions a program is intended to perform.
- Working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program
- Testing sample data-sets to check that output from a program works as intended
- Reacting to problems and correcting program as necessary, devising possible solutions to anticipated problems
- Evaluating and increasing program’s effectiveness, adapting program to new requirements if necessary
- Conducting user acceptance testing to ensure a program can be used easily, quickly and accurately
- Writing detailed documentation for the operation of a program by users and computer operators
- Reviewing , updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing IRES information systems
- Customizing existing IRES programs to clients’ needs and specification.
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost and writing prospective proposals
- Maintaining IRES and clients’ systems once they are up and running
- Consulting manuals, periodicals, technical reports, attending seminars and workshops to learn new ways to develop programs, and for continuous improvement of existing skills and knowledge
- A degree in computer science, software engineering or any other related field
- Excellent Ajax skills (mandatory)
- Excellent PHP programming skills
- Strong skills in Java
- Proven experience in developing mobile applications using J2ME
- Proven experience in android development
- Experience with Java development tools
- Knowledge of databases and database systems
- Understanding of Web technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Strong ambition to adapt and learn new development technologies
- Knowledge in Content Management Systems (CMS) will be an added advantage.