Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank
Request for Expressions of Interest
Project ID N0: CZZ 1752
Kenya (Nairobi Regional Office)
Short-Term Consultancy: Independent Review and Recommendation of Revised Best Practice of the PTA Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering Policies and Procedures
The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank (hereinafter “PTA Bank”) has received ﬁnancing from the French Development Agency (AFD) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following services: review of existing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) framework, including AML policies and procedures, and implementation of recommendations.
The services include a 6-week consultancy to support PTA Bank to review and implement a revised AML framework.
The broad objectives of the consultancy are to:
(i) ensure that appropriate and adequate measures are in place to protect the PTA Bank against risks related to money laundering and the ﬁnancing of terrorism (CFT risk);
(ii) review the design of the PTA Bank’s AML program and ensure that it is robust and effectively implemented; and
(iii) analyze the PTA Bank’s products, services, locations and customers to determine AML/CFT risk, which will allow it to maintain effective policies and procedures.
PTA Bank now invites consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services.
Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualiﬁed to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualiﬁcation.
The information to be delivered must demonstrate:
- An established track record/ability to demonstrate experience (6 – 8 years’ experience) in similar assignments, particularly with ﬁnancial institutions;
- Proven experience of understanding industry practices in the area of AML practices and sanctions ﬁltering and keen understanding of money laundering risks;
- Expert knowledge of internal and external rules governing the AML compliance area;
- Advanced University degree in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment;
- Internationally recognized AML certiﬁcation;
- Proven ability to rapidly produce quality reports; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
PTA Bank will prepare a short list of about six candidates to be pre-selected on the basis of the expressions of interest received to whom a Request for Proposal to perform the services will be sent.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by the 24th March, 2014 at 17:00 hours in a sealed envelope clearly marked: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: “INDEPENDENT REVIEW AND RECOMMENDATION OF REVISED BEST PRACTICE OF THE PTA BANK’S ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING POLICIES & PROCEDURES”
Attn: The President,
Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank (PTA Bank),
197 Lenana Place, Lenana Road,
P.O. Box 48596-00100, GPO
Tel: +254-732 192000,
Web site: http://www.ptabank.org