Inades Formation Kenya (IFK) – Driver Job in Machakos Kenya
Inades Formation Kenya (IFK) Driver Job in Machakos Kenya
Inades Formation is a pan- African organization working in ten (10) African countries namely; Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Tchad, Cameroon, Togo, Congo DR, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania and Kenya.
Inades Formation Int. Kenya office was registered as a Non- Government Organization in December 1993.
IFK is seeking to fill one driver position as detailed below:
Position: Driver / Mechanic
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive IFK vehicles to various destinations as shall be assigned by the CAF
- Comply, observe the Kenyan Highway Code and IFK’s policies on driving at all times.
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance services are carried out in accordance with set service schedules and checklist duly signed and completed.
- Undertake all repair work assigned properly to meet set standards in readiness for travel and continuously monitor condition of each vehicle assigned to and promptly report to the CAF in case of any damages, accidents and incidents.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements. Fuelling, pre-travel checks, travel docs, vehicle expenses, cross border docs and any other docs and persons traveling for packing instructions and timings.
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all vehicles assigned to, promptly collect used sheets to avoid loss or defacing.
- Routinely check all assigned vehicles Licenses, Insurances and promptly advice the CAF when renewals are due
- Carry out duties of staff transport when assigned and ensure highest quality, courteous, efficient services and safe driving for all occupants.
- Report immediately on route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions or otherwise to the office and CAF as the situations arises.
- Take delivery of sub-contracted works carried out on organizations vehicles, inspecting and certifying conformity with requirements and expectations and advising the CAF accordingly.
- Being accountable for all spares, accessories etc. fitted in assigned vehicles during repairs at the IFK premises or field.
- Fill vehicle performance reports at the end of each long trip and strictly follow up that repairs needed are carried out.
- Government Trade Test Grade 1 or Grade 2 with five years working experience in a similar position with a busy organization.
- Knowledge and skills in vehicle maintenance and repairs
- ‘O’ Level education
- Certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Government
- Working experience with NGOs or its equivalent
- Valid accident free driving license Class B,C,E with a minimum of four years long distance and off-road driving experience
- Willingness to travel under difficult circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Good oral and written communication skills (English).
Inades Formation Kenya