ILRI Regional Jobs in Ethiopia – 4 Positions
Vacancy Number: A/039/13
ILRI is one of 15 centers supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam) and East Asia (China). For more information, please visit www.ilri.org
The Livestock and Irrigation Value-Chains for Ethiopian Smallholders (LIVES) project is an initiative designed by ILRI, IWMI (the International Water Management Institute) and their Ethiopian partners to enhance income and gender equitable wealth creation for smallholders and other value chain actors through increased and sustained market off-take of high-value livestock and irrigated crop commodities.
- Secretarial/administrative duties, including handling phone calls, correspondence, filing system, visitors, arranging appointments, maintaining attendance sheets
- Assists in organizing and providing logistical support for regional, zonal meetings /workshops
- Financial management including handling petty cash; reviewing and forwarding financial reports to LIVES HQ; preparation of travel advances and claims
- Monitoring Regional drivers and overseeing vehicle movements for respective Regions & Zones
- Good understanding and experience in general financial and accounting matters;
- Proficient in computer programs
- Good verbal and written command of English and Amharic
- Good Knowledge of local language for the respective regions (speaking, reading & writing) is a requirement
- Ability to interact positively and maintain good relations with staff as well as collaborators
Grade: 1C Level 2
Minimum Base Salary:
Terms of appointment:
The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus on the outskirts of Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV (3 pages maximum) explaining their interest in the position, relevant documents and testimonials and the names and addresses (telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Human Resources Office, ILRI, P.O.Box 5689, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Telephone: (251-11)-617-20-00; Fax (251-11) 646 46-45 or 617 20-01 name and reference number of the position for which the application is made A/39/2013 should be clearly marked on the envelopes if mailed or fax applications.
Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.