ILRI Digital Communications Specialist Ethiopia
ILRI Digital Communications Specialist Job in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Birr 11,023)
Vacancy Number: A/053/2013
ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, Vietnam) and East Asia (China).
The positions: ILRI is recruiting a Digital Communication Specialist position based in Addis Ababa, who will be a member of the Knowledge Management and Information Service team Addis Ababa.
- Produces high-quality print-ready information and knowledge products in line with ILRI publishing strategy, guidelines and style guide using approved designs/templates and corporate identity.
- Produces and manage high-quality graphic images and designs.
- Handles design and layout of documents and other e-products – content acquisition, composition, image manipulation, proofing and inserting corrections.
- Provides basic multimedia (photo, audio and video) documentation and reporting support to ILRI projects and events.
- Contributes to overall publishing, graphics, design workflows, templates, and corporate branding.
- Ensures consistent design/presentation of ILRI social media channels
- Contributes to design and content presentation and updating of ILRI web sites and services
- University degree in Communication, Information/Knowledge Management or related
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a corporate or international environment
- Graphics and layout
- Desktop publishing (Indesign, Ms office, photoshop)
- Multimedia and web content management
- Internet/social media tools and skills
- Very good knowledge of oral written English
- Interpersonal and team skills in an international environment
- Creative design ability
Minimum Base Salary: Birr 11,023 (Negotiable, depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment:
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV (3 pages maximum) explaining their interest in the position, relevant documents and testimonials and the names and addresses (telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the
Closing Date: 30 September 2013.
To find more about ICARDA, visit our Website athttp://www.icarda.org.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites athttp://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website athttp://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/