ILRI CCAFS Job in Kenya
ILRI CCAFS Programme Assistant Job in Kenya
Vacancy Number: PA/CCAFS/06/13
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to enhance the roles livestock play in pathways out of poverty in developing countries.
ILRI has two main campuses in East Africa and other hubs in East, West and southern Africa and South, Southeast and East Asia.
CGIAR is a global agricultural research partnership for a food-secure future. Its science is carried out by 15 research centres that are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
Overall purpose of the job
The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) is a 10-year research initiative of the CGIAR and Future Earth.
CCAFS seeks to overcome the threats to agriculture and food security in a changing climate, exploring new ways of helping vulnerable rural communities adjust to global changes in climate.
Under the supervision of the Program Management Officer (PMO), this position exists to provide administrative, program management and logistical support to CCAFS, hosted at ILRI.
- Overall responsible for providing logistical support for the Theme 4.2 team and administrative backstopping to the Programme Management Officer;
- Organizing internal and external meetings, conferences, workshops, trainings, office events, farewells and cocktails as required ;
- Making pre-travel arrangements, requesting for flight bookings, preparing and getting approval of TAs;
- Liaising with transport department to obtain vehicles and drivers for field work;
- Support in post travel activities – preparation of TERs for team and getting approval from budget holders;
- Organizing local transport for external meetings, visa appointments etc. in liaison with the transport department;
- Support in establishing and keeping up to date a resource mobilization list of key contacts & a partner key contacts data base and email list;
- Assist in reviewing of specific CCAFS transaction listings;
- Assist in drafting consultancy and contract requests;
- Assist in filing and maintaining a filing system and data base for program documentation, including concept notes and proposals, project agreements, contracts, invoices, financial and technical reports, among others;
- Assist in maintaining the Theme 4.2 literature database in Endnote (and potentially migrating this to Mendeley);
- Reporting and following up on office and furniture issues;
- Support PMO in office management and procurement as required;
- Participate in weekly team meetings and contribute to agenda, minutes and action points;
- Help to ensure smooth team communications within administrative team and with CCAFS science officers and theme/regional leaders;
- Responding to routine correspondence, handling e-mail and telephone communication, requests & enquiries;
- Supervise the office assistant.
- First Degree in a relevant field. Possession of basic accounting skills is an added advantage;
- 3 years’ experience working in an administrative support role with progressive responsibility; Experience working in a research institution is an added advantage;
- Considerable experience with all MS Office packages;
- Experience in updating databases for monitoring purposes;
- General office administration skills;
- Good communications skills;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- A strong team player.
This position is job level 2C with an attractive salary and benefits package.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV combined as one document explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
Applications should be submitted online to the Human Resources Director at our recruitment portal:http://ilri.simplicant.com/job/board on or before 3 July 2013.
Please apply for only one of the Programme Assistant position at CCAFS that you qualify for.