ILRI CCAFS East Africa Job Nairobi
ILRI CCAFS East Africa Programme Assistant Job in Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
CGIAR is a global agricultural research partnership for a food-secure future. Its science is carried out by 15 research centres that are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
Overall purpose of the job
The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) is a 10-year research initiative of the CGIAR and Future Earth.
Under the supervision of the Program Management Officer (PMO), this position exists to provide administrative, program management and logistical support to CCAFS East Africa programme, hosted at ILRI.
- Support program documentation – maintain a filing system and data bases for project concept notes and proposals, consultancy and institutional contracts, invoices and payment requests among others.
- Assist the PMO in reviewing CCAFS East Africa expenditure listings and following up with finance on disbursement of funds to partners.
- Organize conferences, workshops, science write shops, internal and external meetings, program annual retreat and quarterly meetings, and other events as required.
- Assist in preparing and managing consultancy contracts.
- Support the Communications Officer in maintaining program calendar on CCAFS Intranet and compiling input for CCAFS monthly internal knowledge sharing.
- Provide administrative support to the program team – preparing of TAs and TERs, visa appointments, flight bookings, and maintaining the calendar and travel schedule of the Regional Program Leader.
- Update and maintain a database of key CCAFS East Africa partners, including their mailing, telephone and email addresses.
- Assist in managing procurement, vehicle bookings with transport department, and liaise with other ILRI service units.
- Respond to routine correspondence, handling e-mail and telephone communication, requests and enquiries.
- Supervise office assistant and other temporary administrative staff.
- First Degree in a relevant field. Possession of basic accounting skills is an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience working in an administrative support role with progressive responsibility. Experience working in a research institution an added advantage.
- Considerable experience with all MS Office packages
- Experience in updating databases for monitoring purposes.
- General office administration skills
- Good communications skills
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- A strong team player
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus and is open to Kenyan nationals only.
Job level and salary
This position is job level 2C with an attractive salary and benefits package.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV combined as one document explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
Applications should be submitted online to the Human Resources Director at our recruitment portal:http://ilri.simplicant.com/job/board on or before 3 July 2013.
Please apply for only one of the Programme Assistant position at CCAFS that you qualify for.