IITA Accounts Assistant Job in Nairobi, Kenya
CIAT, on behalf of IITA, is seeking for an Accounts Assistant with the main responsibility of performing a wide variety of finance and accounting support duties, ranging from complex to routine, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of IITA programs.
- Assist the Project Accountant in preparation of students’/interns payroll.
- Timely capture, tagging and reporting of fixed assets details in liaison with the administration office (Procurement)
- Maintain the cash and travel advance register
- Prepare cheques for payments and imprest reimbursements
- Process and submit payment vouchers and receipts to the accountant for posting
- Undertake banking duties including over counter transactions, relationship management etc.
- Prepare payment vouchers and ensure proper support documentation
- Process travel claims/advance and ensure timely submission and processing of advances and legalizations
- Preparation of Journal Vouchers for review by project accountant.
- Maintain office cash imprest and coordinate weekly cash count process
- Ensure proper filing of financial and accounting records for easy retrieval
- Compile and process hard copy accounting support documentation for submission to HQ
- Perform any other under the jurisdiction of the accounting office
- CPA III
- 1 Year experience in a busy accounting environment
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, good judgement and a high level of integrity and respect for confidentiality.
- High level of computer skills, ability to handle complex financial and accounting systems including knowledge of Oracle and ability to learn new applications quickly.