ICT Senior Officer Job in Kenya
Job Purpose: To be responsible for the management, maintenance and development of all ICT equipment and the provision of technical advice and support for ICT related activities together with in house development and support for teaching and learning.
- To provide technical support and advice as required at the Company.
- To install, maintain and upgrade a wide range of ICT equipment.
- Rectify problems relating to the malfunction of ICT equipment including software.
- Respond to ICT Support requests in a timely fashion to ensure minimum disruption to Work.
- Assist with computer recycling and arrange for the safe disposal of used toner cartridges.
- Assist with the administration of the telephone system.
- Install and upgrade both systems and application software as required adhering to all licensing regulations.
- To maintain an inventory of computer hardware and software (including licences).
- Perform preventive maintenance duties on items of ICT hardware, including the cleaning of equipment.
- Maintain and help develop the Company’s computer network with its branches and sister subsidiaries..
- To provide support for the Company’s information management system (IMS) and associated software.
- Report any suspected security breaches to the Management.
- To monitor and maintain general ICT consumable stock to ensure adequate supplies are available in a timely and cost effective manner ensuring Best Value at all times.
- Follow Company backup, virus protection and security procedures. Note risks to ICT systems and suggest precautions to the Management.
- To monitor and keep a log of all breakdowns and alterations to the network.
- Liaise with suppliers and external support companies as appropriate
- Record accurately and prioritize support requests, outcomes and time taken in the Helpdesk software.
- To assist with the design and maintenance of the Company’s intranet, web site and digital signage system ensuring they are populated with current data at all times.
- Create user accounts for staff to access the Company’s network including other specific/departmental software used in the Company such as the ERP system and Human Resources Management System.
- To maintain and ensure good operational system of the Company’s servers.
- Be able to respond well to pressure
- Strong Creative outlook
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Able to work on your own and as a team member.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time management and planning skills.
- Degree in information technology related field from an accredited institution.
- Certificates in IT related courses will be an added advantage
- 5 years experience in information technology field with exposure on software support and integrated systems.
The Group Human Capital and Administration Manager
Email address: [email protected]