The Office of the Auditor General draws its mandate from the Constitution of Kenya. Article 229 of the constitution establishes the Office of the Auditor–General.
Article 248, Section 3 and Article 249, Section 2 (a) and (b) provides for the independence of the Office.
This Office is mandated to audit Accounts of all National and County Governments, among other Public Entities.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following position:-
Manager – ICT Applications
Monthly Salary: Kshs.117,686 to 143,048 plus other allowances ranging from Kshs.57,995 to 75,995
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing technical expertise to identify and deliver new emerging technologies that support the OAG’s visions and values and in the development of existing applications to maximize their effectiveness.
Responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation
Requirements for Appointment
The applicant must have at least 10 years’ experience in ICT, three (3) of which must be at management level in a sizeable and similar organization and who must have:-
- Bachelor degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science, or demonstrated work experience and proficiency in technical analysis and written technical reports.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems or a Computer Science related discipline from a recognized institution.
- MCSE, CCNA, Prince2 Qualification, ITIL Qualification
- Project leadership and documentation skills.
- PRINCE2 Certification is an added advantage
- At least five (6) years of application development work experience
- Experience in computer programming using Java and J2EE/JBoss application server is preferred.
- Experience in application development using .net or other web application frameworks is an added advantage.
- Experience with web services and REST
- Project management experience desired
- Large scale application development experience preferred
Essential knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Systems Analysis and Design
- Understanding of relational databases (Oracle or MSSQL, MySQL)
- Good understanding of the software development cycle.
- Sound knowledge of networking protocols, EDI messaging, and scripting languages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply
Applications together with a detailed resume, scanned copies of the applicants’ Certificates, testimonials and ID card should be attached to the application and e mailed to Kenao as indicated below.
The application must have the daytime telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees from the applicant’s previous employers.
Hard copies will not be accepted. This should be submitted to the email address shown against each of the vacancies on or before Tuesday 4th February 2014 addressed to:
Office of the Auditor General
P. O. Box 30084-00100
Tel No +254-020-342330
If you do not receive an auto reply to confirm receipt , please contact our Human resources Director immediately.
The Office is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to have diversity in workforce in line with our Constitution.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.